Low carb as a pescatarian

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

So since my DN wont let me take my hba1c every year now and my last one was 42 she just called to tell me this is "what they do"

I am not pleased however I have been determined now to try get a normal hba1c when I do return to them. Then I can be satisfied.

I was on the low carb diet to get my 42 and lost a good bit weight but my bowel habits where awful hard irregular painful made me bleed and i do way better with oats in my diet so I have been eating more fruit like apples and oats too and I am worried it will affect my chance of getting a lower hba1c next time. My fasting numbers are in the 5s now though (unless i eat too much before bed then its in the 6s which is rarely) My weight is coming off too slowly as I cant do much exercise so I want to see the low carb fast loss again as I have been able to maintain that loss still all these months later.

Average day at the mo is

Breakfast- Goat yogurt granola and frozen blueberries, seems ok for my bs

Lunch - some type of veggies and goat cheese or mackrel and veg and oatcakes here and there with an apple

Dinner - tofu or fish or lentils or chickpeas with a coconut sauce and veggies sometimes 1/2 cup quinoa (very high carbs)

I eat oat biscuits and 70 % dark chocolate as snacks and some home made flapjacks. I still get bs in the 8s if I eat too much carbs and if I eat too soon after eating , I need to eat and then not eat again for 3 hours,I know thats probably normal :) Its just hard sometimes my lunch isnt as filling as I would hope.

I no longer eat meat, but I do eat fish and goats dairy I may include eggs again too if I can tolerate the whites and I am currently waiting on my allergy results to see if I can still eat almonds peanuts sesame soy and rye as I have had some tingly mouth symptoms while eating one of those foods I suspect , who knows

Are there any things to help my bowel the flax seeds dont seem to be enough and I want something natural and not too expensive :)