Low carb bread Gluten Free

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for low carb bread that’s also gluten free.
A lot that I am finding on the internet contain vital wheat gluten which I can’t have.
I have been having the occasional slice of M&S seeded sourdough GF bread which is about 11g of carbs per slice but I wondered if there was anything else out there. It only raises my sugars slightly but that is only 1 slice and I usually have it with alot of ham or cheese!
I’ve tried the 90 second mug bread for a bit of toast which is okay, but just occasionally I want to chomp into a sandwich! Thanks

Reactions: Angela64

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for low carb bread that’s also gluten free.
A lot that I am finding on the internet contain vital wheat gluten which I can’t have.
I have been having the occasional slice of M&S seeded sourdough GF bread which is about 11g of carbs per slice but I wondered if there was anything else out there. It only raises my sugars slightly but that is only 1 slice and I usually have it with alot of ham or cheese!
I’ve tried the 90 second mug bread for a bit of toast which is okay, but just occasionally I want to chomp into a sandwich! Thanks
I'm gluten free, but even before I had to go GF, I hadn't eaten bread in years. Looking back, it's 10 years since a sarnie passed my lips.

I know that isn't what you were asking, but to be honest, aside from the occasional wistful thought of toast, I no longer miss it at all.

In my LC/GF life, I try to avoid what I have in my head as "pretendy foods", and stick with the real McCoy, or if that's off-plan, just accept that's off-plan.

If you do OK with the M&S GF bread, and it tastes OK, I'd stick with that.

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm gluten free, but even before I had to go GF, I hadn't eaten bread in years. Looking back, it's 10 years since a sarnie passed my lips.

I know that isn't what you were asking, but to be honest, aside from the occasional wistful thought of toast, I no longer miss it at all.

In my LC/GF life, I try to avoid what I have in my head as "pretendy foods", and stick with the real McCoy, or if that's off-plan, just accept that's off-plan.

If you do OK with the M&S GF bread, and it tastes OK, I'd stick with that.
Thanks for your honest opinion.
Maybe I will just stick with my M&S GF bread.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve used this company for cakes and cookies and they have all been very tasty. The bread rolls are a more recent addition and I haven’t tried them but the reviews are mostly positive.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I occasionally have Dillon Organic keto bread, its gluten free and taste like Polish rye bread that I used to have as a kid. Worth a try x

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve used this company for cakes and cookies and they have all been very tasty. The bread rolls are a more recent addition and I haven’t tried them but the reviews are mostly positive.
Ooh this sounds right up my street!
Off to have a look now, thank you.

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I occasionally have Dillon Organic keto bread, its gluten free and taste like Polish rye bread that I used to have as a kid. Worth a try x
Thank you, I see Holland & Barrett stock this loaf so will give that a try as well.

Angela64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2 and PAF & now Haemochromatosis!
Dove do gluten free flour, I’ve made bread with it in my bread baker for friends. I have found Dove ppl to be very helpful, I am low carb but still have a little bread, I bake myself using wholemeal, white bread flour AND a big scoop of mixed seeds. The mixed seeds to hopefully slow down digestion of the flours. You can put the mixed seeds on/in anything.
Chia
Poppy
Sesame
Milled Linseed
Sunflower (ground in liquidiser)
Pumpkin (ground in liquidiser)
These I mix together.