Low Carb Breckenridge 2018 Videos

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A/Prof. Andrew Mente - 'Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease in PURE: A More Complete Picture':

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'Metabolic Effects of Fasting: A Two-Edged Sword':

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And the counter-talk to Dr Phinney's -
Megan Ramos - 'Practical Fasting: The Use of Therapeutic Fasting in a Clinical Setting':

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Robb Wolf - 'Metabolic Flexibility: The Rosetta Stone of the Macronutrient Wars?':

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A/Prof. Andrew Mente - 'Dietary Sodium Consumption and Cardiovascular Disease and Mortality':

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'Inflammation, Nutritional Ketosis and Metabolic Disease':

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Interesting stuff. Glad to hear that the oft cited cholesterol question is at least being addressed as this is a major stumbling block when it comes to convincing people that a lower carb diet is essentially safe.

Reactions: dbr10

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. Sarah Hallberg - 'Ketogenic Diet for Type 2 Diabetes':

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dr. Sarah Hallberg - 'Ketogenic Diet for Type 2 Diabetes':

Sterling stuff. I'm just an old, ill educated phart but I understood every moment of that presentation and actually applauded irl at one point. Thank you for posting.

Reactions: BundyBob

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. David Diamond - 'An Assessment of Cardiovascular Risks of a Low Carbohydrate, High Fat Diet':

Reactions: Guzzler

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. Catherine Crofts - 'The past, present and future of hyperinsulinaemia research':

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dr. Catherine Crofts - 'The past, present and future of hyperinsulinaemia research':

I saw this last night. Found it interesting but frustrating. Interesting that Fasting Insulin tests are a bit useless as a marker for hyperinsulinaemia and frustrating that because so few are researching a viable test that I think it may be a decade before we see a breakthrough.

What Catherine says at the end about those sticky hands wanting Dr. Kraft's data for their own commercial interests' sake was truly telling and I think she is perfectly right in hoping that a trust be set up so that the data is used properly and isn't swallowed whole by a Big Pharma Company either to be buried so as to prolong/protect future drug sales or used to develope a test protected by patent and made so utterly expensive that few people would be able to access it.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Guzzler - if you haven't already heard it, you might find Catherine's recent interview on 2KetoDudes interesting. Must admit, I don't listen to much of their stuff (I find the music and the chatty stuff takes away from the interviews and quite annoying but that's probably just me) but this one was good.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Guzzler - if you haven't already heard it, you might find Catherine's recent interview on 2KetoDudes interesting. Must admit, I don't listen to much of their stuff (I find the music and the chatty stuff takes away from the interviews and quite annoying but that's probably just me) but this one was good.

Thanks Indy. I do like Catherine, she is all no frills and shoots from the hip. But I am with you on the Ketodudes, I've listened to a couple but have thought 'Just get on with it!'. Will have a look see for Catherine's ep though.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nick Mailer - 'The Nature of Nature: Healthy Humans with Hobbes and Rousseau':