Low Carb Confused

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love all fish and seafood, really suits my diet too. i agree that exercise on its own will not really directly affect weight loss, but it does keep the metabolism active at an increased rate so there is a secondary effect in addition to the effect on cardiovascular health. The problem with running at a calorie deficit for long periods of time is that it tends to slow metabolism and weight loss can slow or even stop, better to exercise and eat back at least some of the extra calories burned.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

membrew

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
lies
Here's a link to a low carb lifestyle diet as recommended by the doctor that the Swedish health service took its advice from when adopting its policy of advocating low carb for it's entire population not just diabetics. Hope that helps http://blogg.passagen.se/dahlqvistannika/?anchor=my_lowcarb_dietary_programe_in
02/02/2018 Hello xyzzy tried the site info you quote but it does not connect. I am lookng for recipie book / information which quotes number of carbs for each item. I am totally lost on how many carbs each item has. I was trying to find something nice to cook this evening for our 55th anniversary. Have been type 2 for a while and need to reduce my weight abd blood sugar readings.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
02/02/2018 Hello xyzzy tried the site info you quote but it does not connect. I am lookng for recipie book / information which quotes number of carbs for each item. I am totally lost on how many carbs each item has. I was trying to find something nice to cook this evening for our 55th anniversary. Have been type 2 for a while and need to reduce my weight abd blood sugar readings.
I think this thread is from 4 years ago. Try www.dietdoctor.com great low carb recipe ideas..

Reactions: Brunneria