Low carb diet and fasting

jaym

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Could anyone recommend any good books or websites to read on low carb diets with recipes and also fasting.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What kind of info were you looking for on fasting @jaym ?
Not sure a book is required just not eating is pretty simple.
I'd second dietdoctor for recipes for low carb and keto foods and it's mostly free.

Reactions: Rachox

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
If you want more support than you get here, then you may be able to get a prescription 'voucher' from your GP/DN for the lowcarbprogram, as it is approved by the NHS (although you wouldn't know that from the way many doctors, nurse and dietitians react!)

jaym

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks guys the diet Doctor website looks really good, yeah had a blond moment with the fasting part lol, first time I had heard about the low carb programme will have a look. Was also going to ask can you get the blood glucose test strips on prescription for type 2 diabetes, have been buying them.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
blood glucose test strips on prescription for type 2 diabetes
A few doctors will, most won't so I'm afraid its a bit of a lottery.. mine don't unless you have a very persuasive argument so I buy my own as do most of us here. Worth asking though (just beware the meters they hand out can be quite expensive to run.
If you are on certain meds then you should get them anyway but diet only little chance.