Low carb diet

Maddie55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been on the low carb diet for a while now and I have really low glucose, 2-2.07 this is really happening far too often. So much so that I am thinking of giving it up. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Maddie.

sassycat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Maddie, I am using a pump, and after a lot of trial and error I've reduced my basal insulin by about a third. This does fluctuate a little depending on exercise and food intake. I would definitely try reducing the basal insulin a little as InResponse suggests, you can always adjust using small correction doses as needed, just test very frequently.

ZESTRIL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been on the low carb diet for a while now and I have really low glucose, 2-2.07 this is really happening far too often. So much so that I am thinking of giving it up. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Maddie.
Hi Maddie I started a lowe carb diet a month ago I am insulin I was injecting 22 mil twice a day now I've dropped it to ten some times less my weight was fifteen stones now I'm fourteen two pounds I hoping to be 14 stones by the Weeknd please don't give up