Low Carb flu

cocobee.2017

Not feeling the best today. How long before these symptoms go away? I feel like a drug addict going through withdrawal.

Not hungry though so that's a good thing + also the fact I've lost 1 kilo in two days

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
Not feeling the best today. How long before these symptoms go away? I feel like a drug addict going through withdrawal.

Not hungry though so that's a good thing + also the fact I've lost 1 kilo in two days

I expect the water loss is dehydrating you. People on low carb diets don't hold on to the same amount of water as people who have "normal" carb levels. ( Another argument against carbs which might be better for everyone rather than the current war on salt). I used to find that bovril helped, or there are recipes for bone broth if you prefer. These add back salt, and also provide collagen which is often depleted in diabetics.

We all miss carbs, but it does get better, things will improve in a matter of days. Just be kind to yourself if you do slip and go more carby than you meant to longer term. I find I slip up quite a bit, but I always get back to low carb eating as I'm convinced that carbs are at the root of all the health problems.

Reactions: cocobee.2017

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It takes time to adjust to any new regime, stick with it because these low days will pass. Our systems sometimes try to rebel against anything that is a change from the 'norm' and this is when we are more likely to wobble on carbs. Carbs are addictive so your withdrawal analogy is quite correct. Take it steady and you will see even better results re weight and bg.

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with above posts - it's really hard in the beginning, but after a while on low carbs your body adjusts and it becomes normal and sweet tooth goes away.

I used to love those Haribos covered entirely in sugar. I tried just one a few days ago - aargh! It was SOOOO sweet. Put me off stealing my kids' sweets completely :)