Low carb foods and snacks?

Sophzzz

Looking for low carb snacks and food? I’ve always struggled and just eaten what I wanted and injected for it, now I want to try low carb!!! Help maintain my sugar levels! If anyone knows of any app or can give me suggestions please comment :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
T1 / T2?

Pork scratchings are my go to or cheese although I try to use them as a meal replacement rather than a "snack"

resander

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daily meals: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner are low-carb and give blood sugars 5.9-7.2mmol/L after 2hours for me.

Meats & Fish: are usually no carbs or very low carbs
Bacon: lean or streaky no carbs
Sausages: Pork sausages, Frankfurters, (Dulano) Bockwursts, (Dulano) (Chilli) Bratwursts usually less than 2g carb per sausage
Quarter pounders: Angus and Aberdeen (LIDL, Iceland...)
0g carbs

Cheese: Cheddar, Gouda, Edam, Ementhal 0g carb or very low carb
Eggs: boiled, micro-wave poached, fried eggs 0-0.5g carbs per egg
Omelette: 2-3 eggs omelette(filling of your choice)
usually 3-5g carbs per omelette

Vegetables in grams per 100g
Low carb veg:
mushrooms 0.3, celery 0.8, kale 1.4, spinach 1.5
avocado 1.9, celeriac 2.3, leek 2.9, spring-onion 3, squash 3, cauliflower 3, broccoli 3.2,
cabbage 4, okra 4, green/red peppers 4,
turnip 4.7, swede 4.8

Medium carb veg:
carrots 8, onions 8, peas raw 9, corn frozen 9,
peas mushy canned 11, corn canned 12

Breakfast:
2 Sausages, 2 Eggs, 50g cheese OR
Bacon and Eggs, 50g cheese OR
3-egg Omelette, 50g cheese

Snack: Morning and afternoon
Cream Coffee Instant coffee + 3 tbsp double cream OR
Greek Yogurt (+50g raspberries/strawberries)

Lunch:
3-egg Omelette, 50g cheese OR
Tin sardines in tomato sauce or oil, mash/poached eggs/Vegs OR
2 Quarter pounders with cheese topping
Left-overs

Dinner:
Meat or Fish with Vegs

Vegs is
mashed/boiled celeriac/cauliflower + a low carb veg + sometimes small quantity of medium carb veg.

White Rice, grains(e.g. porridge), potatoes, pasta, battered fish/meat, normal bread totally banned.

SMS1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to start LCHF.I'm going to go for breakfast, no lunch(Intermittent fast?) and an early dinner. so that would mean going from breakfast 9:00 in the morning to say, 17:00 in the afternoon Can I have unlimited coffee and cream during the day :)? Or is that not IF at all:arghh:. I'm a bit of a snacky eater.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to start LCHF.I'm going to go for breakfast, no lunch(Intermittent fast?) and an early dinner. so that would mean going from breakfast 9:00 in the morning to say, 17:00 in the afternoon Can I have unlimited coffee and cream during the day :)? Or is that not IF at all:arghh:. I'm a bit of a snacky eater.

You can have coffee ad cream. After a while you may find it filling you up though, plus, it probably makes sense to be mindful of the caffeine content, if you're having a lot.

Good luck with the new way of eating. I've been eating reduced carb for almost 7 years.

SMS1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can have coffee ad cream. After a while you may find it filling you up though, plus, it probably makes sense to be mindful of the caffeine content, if you're having a lot.

Good luck with the new way of eating. I've been eating reduced carb for almost 7 years.
Thanks, I hope it works.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, I hope it works.
One thing I would say is your way of eating is just that; your way.

Finding something that works for you and is sustainable is so much more important than eating a diet that fits all the markers and proportions that seem right, but you just can't sustain it for whatever reason.

Fingers crossed for you.