Low Carb Lunch Box

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How will I find out how many carbs I should consume daily please?

Plus how much should we be guided by when looking at the nutirional value on reverse of food products whether it be for a lunch time meal or other?

People aim for different things, but generally less than 50g of carbs per day will help you to go into a state of ketosis. (This is when your body stops using carbohydrates as an energy source, and starts burning fat... so if you want to lose fat, then ketosis is where you want to be).
This week I've been looking at every single label of everything that I've eaten. If I can't find a label on it, I've checked online or checked my "Carbs & Cals" book for reference. I've kept a diary of all my food and drink, and also kept a note of my blood sugars two hours after I've eaten said food. It sounds long winded, but in less than a week I'm getting a really good idea of carb values and what I can and can't eat (for example, my post earlier this week where I found out much to my horror that I can't eat blueberries... the very next day, I found that I can eat the equal amount in blackberries no problem!).

Something else I've also done is purchase some Keto Sticks from Amazon. I check my urine every evening, and it just lets me know that I'm in ketosis.
My eventual aim is to find the maximum level of carb consumption that allows me to continue to lose weight and remain in ketosis.