low carb mega store (Fergus)

saffy

Hi Fergus....just been looking at the mega store web site...looks yummy....have you tried anything apart from the flour....wouldnt mind trying the breakfast things in there...low carbs but no ( of which sugers) so not sure...ive made some sugerfree jelly to-night..one raspberry and put fresh raspberries in it....and a strawberry one with fresh strawberries in ...going to try that for breakfast to=morrow lol...bet it doesnt work lol...i have a lousy appetite first thing..so its letting me down ...rest of day im fine..hope everyone ok in here ....Saffy xx

fergusc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi Saffy,

No, I've only bought some ingredients from the site. I'm such a bleedin saint that I don't eat packaged stuff these days.

Let me know how you get on with it though. You guinea pig, you!

All the best,

fergusc

Reactions: 2 people

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
St Fergus.....wow you've a gas terminal named after you!!:D:D:D

Knowledge is the key to control

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
It must be the beans :D :D :D

johnoswaldallan

Dislikes
Injustice
Hi All
I use Low Carb Megastore for their bread, which works out at 2.5 g per slice. They also seem to be the only UK based store that I can buy Gluten flour (8 g of carb per 100g and not to be confused with gluten free) My wife mixes this flour with a small amount of soya flour or ground almonds and makes some really good very low carb pastries. I have also tried their chocolate chip cookies they are very good but I do feel I can live without them.
As for the saint like fergusc. I haven’t eaten packaged or processed food for years. Most of it is devoid of any nutrition. The last time I bought a meat pie was in the early 60’s. I was working with a fellow musician and we stopped off at a roadhouse on the way to Birmingham, he bought a warmed up meat pie to eat as we were travelling. He took one bite and it was full of maggots. That I will never forget. However all of the food I eat is prepared from scratch (not due to my saint like qualities) but down to the fact my wife is a bloody good and imaginative cook. Although I am still putting in more insulin than I feel comfortable with, my blood sugars, since I have been on this diet (appox 30g of carb per day) are just about perfect. It is good to be able to once again enjoy good wholesome food without worrying about cutting off fat etc especcially my bacon & egg breakfasts.

Regards

John

JOA

saffy

Hi.....boy took me ages to get back in lol.......i left a message earlier but must have been wrong time lol cause it not here .......bought aload of nuts seeds ect...golden linseed..bulgar wheat..oatbran....wheat bran.....mixed bits of each to-gether going to try it for breakfast lol...looks interesting...now John...please ask your wife to give recipes for the yummy pastries pleeeeaaaasssseeee. oh my jelly breakfast was no go 11.6bgs....must be the fruit ... :roll: ....saffy

saffy

yukkkk.....my trial cereal was horrid.....one mouthful baddddddddd....ok going to have to be bacon+eggs......oh had scrambled eggs with beans.....no go beans....bg not good... :cry: gosh this is sooooooooooo hard...got a week to be really good...then big blood test lol ...nervous of that as dr not happy i didnt take actos....need to prove him wrong.....but not been over 9s for a while considering i was 14 to 19 for months think im doing ok....this week mostly between 5+7...so fingers crossed.....saffy :wink: