Low carb or low fat ? A new study

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi. There is a good study being done by David Ludwig (Harvard School of Public Health) but not sure when it reports. It seems to be well designed in that it has the participants in residence where their diets can be controlled rather than the usual reliance on remote compliance and dietary recall! https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../nutrition-science-isnt-broken-its-just-wicked-hard/
Anyway that is not helpful for March. Off the top of my head the A-Z study was also done by Standord and compared Ornish (low fat, high in wholesome carbs), Atkins and The Zone. I have heard it cited in many books on the topic: It should be noted that Atkins is not true Keto as it has lots of protein and does not promote non starchy carbs.
Phinney and Volek are keto advocates who do lots of keto/exercise studies - see YouTube.
med.stanford.edu/nutrition/nutrition-studies...studies/comparative-weight-loss.html
Hope your docs are more interested than mine have been when discussing these topics! Mine are rather patronising and tell me that fat is fattening even though I am not fat and have great hdl/trigs!
Thank you for all that, I’ll get collating :)