Low carb programme advice

melodyuk2020

Just found on here something called the low carb programme that is on offer 70% off? Do any of you use it? is it good? Are there any success stories to read anywhere? many thanks

dragongirl

Just found on here something called the low carb programme that is on offer 70% off? Do any of you use it? is it good? Are there any success stories to read anywhere? many thanks

I haven't used the programme on here because 11 years ago when I first visited this site, the programme didn't exist so I just followed all the helpful advice I found here and within weeks had readings on the 5% bench (35 mmols, 36, 37 etc) and have kept them there ever since. I can't image the advice has changed, although we might read it differently according to whether we're type 1 or type 2.

I avoid all bread, pastry, biscuits, cakes and root veg for starters, plus sugary desserts. All the stuff I eat is on the low-carb end (judging by how much I'd need to eat of that item in a meal). Low fat often a bad choice as they replace fat with carbs. Just saying. But the little Collins Gem book is handy, but there are others that list foods too. If you feel you need support to keep at it, at first, then I imagine the programme is excellent and informational. Others will be along to testify!