Type 2 Low carb ride or die!

andi2508

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm back on the low carb wagon after several months of freefall! If slowly going back to my low carb favourites.

What are you favourite meals/treats/drinks that you couldn't do without?

I discovered lidl 70% dark chocolate with salted caramel it's 5g carb per large square, it's a real treat! Lidl also do thin wholemeal bread at 9g carb per slice and that's good too. (my current carb limit is 60-80g so I can have these foods). I'm planning sugar free jelly and cream tonight, that was one of my staples before.

I thought this might provide some inspiration for newbies or others giving low carb or keto a go.

Reactions: KK123
Type of diabetes
Type 2
I find Morrison’s Tesco Asda or other supermarket own brand chocolate eclairs are surprisingly quite low in carbs. It’s not the larger posh Belgian chocolate ones but the smaller cheap ones of 4 in a box. The lowest I’ve ever found is 7g per eclair.
I think it’s because Choux pastry is not that sweet, cream is ok, and just a small thin layer of chocolate on the top. I know a purest would say totally bad but I don’t drink alcohol and like you sometimes I want a treat and think it’s better than a donut or a lot of other things

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find Morrison’s Tesco Asda or other supermarket own brand chocolate eclairs are surprisingly quite low in carbs. It’s not the larger posh Belgian chocolate ones but the smaller cheap ones of 4 in a box. The lowest I’ve ever found is 7g per eclair.
I think it’s because Choux pastry is not that sweet, cream is ok, and just a small thin layer of chocolate on the top. I know a purest would say totally bad but I don’t drink alcohol and like you sometimes I want a treat and think it’s better than a donut or a lot of other things

You don't have to justify anything Chauffeur....you've done your research, you've calculated any risk to YOU and if you want an eclair, you HAVE one. I use insulin but if I have an eclair (yum) then I don't need to inject for it, if I have an apple on the other hand, I do! x

Reactions: andi2508 and BRSBRI

peter_brom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
the
there is no sugar in choux pastry just water,eggs,flour and butter

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Big fan of Pure Heavenly chocolate.
One square or two of their dark confections are a brill treat. Doesn't spike me at all...
According to their blurb on carbs :
NET CARBS – DARK BARS (per 100g)
23.6g Carbs – 12g Polyols – 11.5g = 0.1 Net

Can't comment on that, but it's delish...

Reactions: andi2508

Jacks1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat Tesco fresh cream eclairs, I think my carb intake all day is def under 130, I cannot eat keto it has too much fat and makes me ill . So low carb is my best option .