Low carbs snacks?

jaykay

Don't see why not, that's what I eat ( much to my husbands disgust! :lol: ). Some of the snacks I have : greek yoghurt,miso soup,celery and peanut butter, celery and philadelphia with sweet chili, (latest favourite :) ), half an apple and babybel, no sugar jelly.
Hope some of it helps.

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
not really very healthy but pork sratchings are low carb. I also have celery with either pate or cheese spread or brie.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pumpkin and sunflower seeds are low-carb and nutritious too.

Nigel

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Olives.
Pickled Onions.
Coleslaw.
Pickled Peppers.
Cheese.
Meat.
Nuts/Seeds.
Berries.
Boiled Eggs.
Egg Salad (Choppped Boiled Eggs, mayo & a dash of paprika).
90% Lindt Chocolate. (2 squares MAX! Suck 'em to make 'em last longer :wink: )
Seafood sticks/prawns.

I usually have a couple of pots of sandwich filler in the fridge. just grab a spoonful of Cheese and onion/chicken & sweetcorn/tuna crunch, etc... They're quite high in fat (not a problem), so you only need one or 2 spoonfuls to feel satiated.

bikerbaby86

I meant stop with the gherkins because after a while they make make feel sick lol

I do love cheese so i could get some babybells and cheese strings to munch on, i love pork scratchings but they are really bad for you arent they lol

I think i might try the sandwich filler pots thank you, i know we shouldnt snack but im only human :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The jury is out on pork Scratchings. see if you can find any evidence that specifically states that they are bad for you (when you are lo-carbing, that is) I bloody love 'em! (Especially the fluffy pork crunch!)

mike944

biltong (perhaps instead of scratchings)
nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, macadamia, brazil)
cheese
cocoa powder drink made with unsweetened soya milk and sweeteners (solves the chocolate cravings)

jaykay

Ooh, I forgot about cocoa for chocolate cravings. I don't like soy milk and actually prefer it made with water and splenda and a big dollop of cream on top :D

sue32

Dislikes
false people
Oooh, yes, I've always loved Philly spread on celery. Now I'm into Whole Earth's peanut butter - no added sugar - spread in celery. Oh, oh, oh!! Sugar free jellies, and, hallelujiah!!!! my local Sainsbury's has, at long last, started stocking Shape Zero sugar free yogurts!!! So I'm happy at the moment!! :p :p :p