1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Low waking bloid sugar but.......

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by Type1Bri, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Type1Bri

Type1Bri Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sunday is always my long run day, so when I woke this week with a blood sugar of 3.7..........

2. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

And you did what ?
    a) had your usual breakfast with a reduced dose of short-acting insulin and waited for your BSL to be > 6 mmol/l before setting off, or
    b) had some Glucotabs and waited until your BSL reached > 6 mmol/l and relying on your long-acting insulin which you had reduced 20% last night you set off, or
    c) corrected your BSL with breakfast or glucotabs and postponed your run til the afternoon.

3. Type1Bri

Type1Bri Type 1 · Well-Known Member

As I was planning to run within 1.5 hours I wouldn't take bolus insulin in that time frame. I have to run with no bolus on board otherwise I hypo every time. I took 3 glucotabs 15 minutes before the start of the run

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook