Lowcarbmegastore New Reciepe Bread

johnoswaldallan

Dislikes
Injustice
I have been using the fresh baked bread from lowcarbmegastore for some time now and I have always enjoyed it. They have now introduced a different loaf, which is 1.9g per slice as opposed to the old recipe which was 2.5g per slice. I personally don't think its a patch on the original recipe. It doesn’t taste as good, toast as well or fry as well and falls apart when trying to butter it. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me being fussy

Regards

John

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi John,

Haven't tried it myself. What are the ingredients, as a matter of interest?

All the best,

fergus

crafteclaire

Dislikes
cheats and liers
Hi,

What is the 'Lowcarbmegastore'? Is this an online shop? If so, do you have a web address for it?

Thanks,

johnoswaldallan

Dislikes
Injustice
Hi All
Their web address is http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com.
The ingredients are as follows

NEW RECIPE - Despatch Mon 22nd Sep
Rating:

Serving Size 1 slice
Carbs/Serving 1.9g Protein/Serving 5.6g
Nutritional Info Per 100g Energy Kcal 223, Carbohydrate 30.2g, Dietry Fibre 7.1g, Fat 5.1g, Protein 18.1g
Ingredients Wheat Flour, Oat Bran, Gluten, Soya Flour, Pea Flour, Wheat Bran, Vegetable Fat, Salt, Calcium Propionate, Gram Flour, Emulsifier E472, Dextrose, Flour Improver E300
Size 340g

Hi fergus glad to see your still about. I have now totally got to grips with low carbs. I thoroughly enjoy my food and have no cravings for any of the things from my old Diabetes UK recommended diet. My diabetes since I started on low carbs has been just about perfect. However I have other pretty nasty health problems that have just about brought me to a standstill. I have had a few courses of steroids (Prednisolone) that completely "buggers up" my normally good BS control. Mind you when you get to my age a few things tend to catch up with you.

Regards

John

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi John,

Yup, I've never been away! Good to hear from you again though. Glad to hear of your success with the low-carb and I hope your luck turns with your other health issues.

All the best, and keep in touch,

fergus