1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Lowish carb bread

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by jumbleannie1VDJQ, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jumbleannie1VDJQ

jumbleannie1VDJQ · Well-Known Member

Has anyone else tried Morisons new malted wholemeal danish. States only 6.1 carbs per slice, and still tastes like bread. :) I love it. I know it ain't really low, but i took a reading and it works for me.
    Beats the weightwatchers stuff anyway.

2. theblokefromstoke

theblokefromstoke · Well-Known Member

Hi Jumbleannie,

I do like the morrisons wholemeal range its tasty and relatively low carb. I usually have the Soya & linsead bread Burgons i think it is. Its about 10.8 per slice and i limit myself to 2 slices per day. Its my main treat at lunch time and i find it a bit more filling than the danish.

Its amazing when you look closely at most breads how high the carbs are isn't it.

Carl

3. Patch

Patch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.1 Carbs per slice IS low. I'll be checking that out for sure...

4. jumbleannie1VDJQ

jumbleannie1VDJQ · Well-Known Member

Still loving it, but find not all stores seem to stock it. Fortunately there is one near where I work that does. :D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook