Lowish carb bread

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a slice of nimble wholemeal bread it says 8.1g of carbs per slice are these figures on the pack accurate had it with egg and bacon I take it 10 g of carbs for a breakfast is ok I only just fall into the pre diabetes range thanks in advance
Just remember each slice of different bread all very in weight, therefore the carb content per slice is different. Some may say 4 gram carbs per slice so check the carbs per 100 grams, Lidl sells a protein roll containing 8.5 grams carbs per 100 grams weight.

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Just been to Lidl again, had a thought that Lidl are not industrial bakers so maybe not all baked at same time,seems I might have been right ,got some so now it's time to test and see if they suit me,so 2hrs after breakfast I should have an idea how the suit me.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Just eaten my first Lidl High Protein roll - well, actually only half of a whole one. I toasted it, smothered it in butter and had 2 boiled eggs with it. I'll update everyone with the results later.

P.S. It was delicious and very filling.

I promised an update, so here it is:

Fasting reading this morning - 6.3
2 hours later and just before I had breakfast - 7.3
1 hour after eating 2 boiled eggs and half a Lidl High Protein roll - 6.9
2 hours -----------------"---------------------------"------------------------ - 7.5
3 hours -----------------"---------------------------"------------------------ - 6.2

I think it was a successful test :) but I'll repeat it again just to make sure. I'd also like to try it when I start at a lower reading (I really must try to eat something not long after I get up).

Reactions: 2 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Change of plan,salmon salad for evening meal so will test and I will have half of HP roll results to come later

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Here are results for yesterday's evening meal 15 mins before meal 5.3 2hrs after meal6.3 I'm happy with that but will keep checking just in case that was abnormal

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
will try that bread as it sounds yummy :)

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi ,it really does taste very nice and quite soft

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi 1st test this am 6.3 then had half of HP roll soft cheese with blueberries and strawberries on and just tested 6.4 well pleased,thanks for talking about bread seems good for me but I mustn't get greedy again thanks

numan43

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi 1st test this am 6.3 then had half of HP roll soft cheese with blueberries and strawberries on and just tested 6.4 well pleased,thanks for talking about bread seems good for me but I mustn't get greedy again thanks
sounds good barry, what cheese do you use?

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Full fat Philly but Aldi soft cheese is as good and half the price

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tested blood 11 -45 came out at6.3 had bacon & eggs just reteste 6.5 and that was with a full HP roll excellent

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
HaHa had to do the trials. ,got to find out if it was going to suit me though it seems good so now back to near normality

Dora G

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a slice of nimble wholemeal bread it says 8.1g of carbs per slice are these figures on the pack accurate had it with egg and bacon I take it 10 g of carbs for a breakfast is ok I only just fall into the pre diabetes range thanks in advance

Hi, Lidl sells now a delicious low carb bread (less than 8g for a huge roll)