Lumps after injecting Levemir

Gemnuts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I had my diabetes diagnosis switched from Type 2 to LADA earlier this year during my second pregnnancy.

I was on Novorapid and Levemir for my 1st pregnancy back in 2014/15 but on Fiasp and Levemir this time around. I had my baby in August but obviously since having my diagnosis changed, have stayed on the insulin.

I am currently on 13 units of Levemir which I take late evening but have suddenly started to have hard lumps appear overnight at my injection site that are quite tender to the touch - not painful, just a little bit sore. I do rotate my sites, although do tend to stick to tummy and tops of my legs as I tend to bruise easily if I go for my arms.

But as a test, I jabbed into the top of my arm this week and the lump has still appeared (no bruise though - winner!)

I did wonder whether my body wasn’t taking kindly to having 13 unit in 1 go, so last night split it and injected 7 in 1 leg and the other 6 in the other leg but I am now blessed with 2 matching lumps instead

I’ve never had this issue with Levemir before, so not sure what has suddenly changed. Has anyone else had this issue?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I seem to recall others mentioning similar issues. Have you asked your nurse about alternative insulin?

Gemnuts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to recall others mentioning similar issues. Have you asked your nurse about alternative insulin?

Not yet as has only started happening just before Christmas, I do have an appointment with my consultant at the end of the month so will revisit there either way