1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Lying on Libre

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Nat..., Jun 12, 2020.

1. Nat...

Nat... · Member

I put on my first sensor today and I'm really loving it but I'm scared that when I lie on it or sleep on it I'm going to knock it off.

2. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I’ve not had that happen yet. Some people stick tegaderm or other coverings over the top to prevent accidents but I’ve found they stick pretty firm.

3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

I've not lost a sensor to date. However i place them inside the arm.

Just need to be careful with the ol' huggy stuff..

4. CelalDari

CelalDari · Guest

Yeah I was kind of nervous with it at first and felt uncomfortable when putting my arm down. You really get used to it. You learn to ignore it and get used to it. Sometimes I don't even feel it on my arm and actually get worried that it might've fallen off. The adhesive is really strong. It appears as if the sticker gets loose every time you shower but when removing the sensor I recognise how strong the adhesive is

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Neonataldiabetes

Neonataldiabetes Type 1 · Member

I've had mine for 2 months now, it's ok at night. However garden shed door and sensor didn't get on well the other week, also as seen on other forums, sensors and doorways are an issue. I took off one sensor, it was really uncomfortable. It's much more comfortable on one arm than the other.

6. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm on my second sensor, the first one I put on the outside of my arm and it stayed on pretty well, I have a habit of walking into door frames so the odds were against me :hilarious: this one I put on the inside just to see what I prefer. I got some tegaderm patches but haven't needed them so far.

7. Nat...

Nat... · Member

Thank you! This makes me feel alot better

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook