chaoticliloj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
hi, I’m t2 and have been on metformin for 2 years (now on 1000mg tablet after evening meal) and was on Januvia (1 tablet in morning). I have recently been taken off Januvia and given Lyxumia to try - I decided to wait until I had a week off work to try it as didn’t want to feel sick at work with possible side effects, so today is the day. I’ve read all about it but still confused as to whether I should take it either before breakfast (anytime from 4-5am) or before dinner (anytime from 6pm onwards) - does anyone have any recommendations or experiences they could share with me as I’m panicking a little that I’ll do it wrong. Also, does it have to be the same time everyday? Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any advice given

Dark Horse

Information on the Patient website says this:-

• Use lixisenatide once a day. You should use it during the hour before you eat a meal (usually before breakfast or the evening meal). Although you can choose which meal to inject before, you should use lixisenatide before the same meal on each day. You will start on a dose of 10 micrograms daily for two weeks, then the dose will be increased to 20 micrograms daily. To make this easy for you, it is likely you will be prescribed a 'treatment initiation pack' which contains a two-week supply of 10 microgram doses (green pre-filled pen) and a two-week supply of 20 micrograms (purple pre-filled pen).

chaoticliloj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thanks, I’d read it but other things I’d read didn’t make anything clear. Thanks for the advice though