M.R.I. Scans in the eye.

petdell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After an appointment at the Glaucoma clinch today, and a very uncomfortable examination, I was called at home a few hours later by the Registrar. He said he would like to do MRI ,s on both eyes. To try and establish a reason for the loss in peri feral vision I am suffering.
I have been having continuous injections in both eyes for some years. This has cured my Retinopathy but Macular Oedema, continues to plague me. The injections whilst unpleasant, l can stand but the thought an MRI terrify me.
Am hoping someone on this forum may have undergone this procedure, and have any info on it, ie after effects.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi petdell sorry to hear about your eye problems but don't worry too much about the scan you need to have i myself had this done a few years ago basically it's just a scan of your head but where the consultants can see what's going on in the back of your eyes more specifically then they can by using the normal equipment as far as i can remember it didn't affect me in any way if you're still apprehensive just go on Google type in MRI eye scans and it will tell you all the facts you need to know hope this helped all the best and let us know.

petdell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the reassurance, I've had MRI s before but never on the eyes or head. Just afraid they may not find a brain in there. So no pain in the eyes after or headache and the like.
My usual consultant has never suggested this, and I see her regularly. My scans today we're good and my peri feral vision hasn't dropped much over the last few years. My Glaucoma was initially caused by steroid injection some years ago.
Thank for the reply

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've had an MRI head scan in a body scanner.
Nothing really to it.
You lie in a scanner, it's clunks along, then they send you home.
Only thing in my case was I needed an x ray on my eyes first, as I couldn't declare I haven't worked in an environment where I may not have get any metal in or behind my eyes.
So they have to check there was nothing that would move on the electromagnetic field.
So a long appointment for me.
But no after effects, nothing to stop me driving myself home, and not unpleasant.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had an MRI of the head too.
Nearly fell asleep I was so relaxed.
It was only the fact that they had told me to keep very still that stopped me from dozing off.
- I was paranoid that I would snore, or dribble, or let my jaw fall open or something...
so lady-like, eh?

Reactions: Energize

petdell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all, nice to know a few people have had this procedure . Just had visions of burning eyeballs. How do you you manage to dose off during all that banging Brunn.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all, nice to know a few people have had this procedure . Just had visions of burning eyeballs. How do you you manage to dose off during all that banging Brunn.

:D they offered to play music, and I made the mistake of choosing something restful! haha!