Macular oedema

Koalajane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am type 2 in remission with an hba1c in October of 40. I have diabetic macular oedema and have been having Lucentis injections for the last 4 months. I went for my injection today (I couldn't have it as I now have blepharitis) but the opthamologist said it had got a bit worse and that my other eye now needs treatment. She is asking my doctor for a diabetic review,
I have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and am on steroids and she said my sugars won't be stable because the steroids raise sugar levels. I had raised my steroids last week due to a lot of aching and don't know what I can do other than to drop my steroids. Feeling a bit stressed by this.
Does anyone have anything similar please

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
From my experiences as a T!D, not a professional advice or opinion:
@Mel dCP, has had some experience of eye problems and what she did to overcome them.
The same principles apply whatever your type and state of diabetes.
Getting a good endo sounds like the key for you. Please do not change treatment without the input of experienced doctors!!

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
I too suffer the same problem. I had four sessions of laser treatment end of last year & going back for two more sessions this week.

My eyesight problems were discovered during an annual eye test by my optician.When I saw the eye consultant ophthalmologist last week he signed a Certificate of visual impairment (CVI) sight impaired (SI).

I have not driven a motor vehicle for three years & now I am unable to have a driving license if I wanted one.
The moral here is don't neglect your diabetes.