Maculopathy

sarah1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm type 1 diabetic and have been for nearly 22 years. I'm also 24 weeks pregnant and I've had my diabetic eye screening recently and its come back saying I have got diabetes maculopathy... I had one a couple of months ago and came back fine. My diabetes is well controlled and so is my blood pressure. I'm very scared. Has anyone else had the same?

• Hug
Reactions: filly

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I had macula oedema a few years back out of the blue..

Looking at your age on your profile. I’m old enough to be yer dad?

To give you some comfort. I need not use “accessibility” on devices anymore. I need not pinch or zoom. I still retain my privalidpdge to drive.

Do you have an appointment regarding further screening & consultation?

sarah1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I had macula oedema a few years back out of the blue..

Looking at your age on your profile. I’m old enough to be yer dad?

To give you some comfort. I need not use “accessibility” on devices anymore. I need not pinch or zoom. I still retain my privalidpdge to drive.

Do you have an appointment regarding further screening & consultation?
Hi thanks for getting back to me. No I only got my letter yesterday about my eyes just waiting for an appointment....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi thanks for getting back to me. No I only got my letter yesterday about my eyes just waiting for an appointment....
OK,
It can be daunting when all you have to go on is a standard letter from the eye department.

Feel free to follow the letter up & confirm the next appointment.
The more I knew about my condition the less worrying it was? (I can appreciate the “thought processes” when you open that letter.)

Good luck & best wishes.