Management Of T2d Using Spices

khongsamita

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was admitted for angioplasty in May 2016 and before discharged had to attend a talk by the hospital's dietitian. She recommended taking spices in the morning on an empty stomach. I tried it and with diet and exercise, it really worked. This is what I take nowadays in the morning.
1 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoonful of tumeric powder.
2. 1/2 - 3/4 of teaspoonful of ginger powder.
3. 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar.
4. 3/4 slices of lemon.
At times I add pounded garlic or add 1/2 tsp of pure honey.
I use boiling water to mix them up and if pure honey is added, add into the mixture when it is warm. We cannot add honey into boiling water as the properties of honey will be destroyed.
After taking oit, I go for my morning exercise ( jogging or brisk walking) for about 45 minutes).
Coming back, I have my breakfast normally 2 slices of wholemeal bread with jam or kaya.....less than a tbs.
Then I take my medication .... Metformin 1000 mg twice daily.
After 2n1/2 hours, I can feel hungry and signs of anxiety and in which about 3 hours after medication, I check my post-fasting sugar and was shocked to see dropping well below the 5.5 level of fasting sugar level (here in my place, we use the mmol/L to test our sugar level instead of mg/dL as in Uk).
Out of the 60 tests carried out since then, 85% between 4.5 - 5.5 mmmol/L level .....below the 7.7 level of post-fasting sugar level - the lowest at 3.9 the threshold for hypo.
If I drink a glass before bed, I would add only a 1/2 tsp and if only in the morning 3/4 tsp.
From my own experiment, if I do not do morning exercise, the reading would be above 6.0 level but still below the 7.7 reading for post-fasting sugar.
In other words,the spices work. Today, I do still take my daily ice-cream and some other stuff but it still works.
I break my food into 5 meals:
Breakfast almost everyday, 2 slices of wholemeal bread spread with jam or kaya
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Snack.
As for lunch and dinner, I take 1/4 of protein (fish or skinless chicken can be taken every meal) 1/4 of grains and here in Malaysia we often take white rice as it is the staple food here and 1/2 of fruits and veggies for every plate size.
I just had my HbA1c testong last Tuesday my last reading before I started taking this form of approach was 8.6%. Now I hope to cut down to less than 6.5% within the last 3 months. Will inform you of it when I get the results in a couple of weeks. By sharing I hope all diabetics can use this approach to control and reverse our diabetes in the near future. If it works for me (at present it does for me), hopefully all of you out there will be able to do it!!
Best to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great that it works for you; I will give it a try as I have recently got arthritis and turmeric is supposed to be good for arthritis. The "recipe" I have been given is different and includes freshly ground black pepper supposedly as the curcumin in the turmeric isn't readily available without the pepper!

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cinnamon can also apparently help with BG. It featured on the most recent episode of "Superfoods" on Channel 4.

Grant

khongsamita

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Great that it works for you; I will give it a try as I have recently got arthritis and turmeric is supposed to be good for arthritis. The "recipe" I have been given is different and includes freshly ground black pepper supposedly as the curcumin in the turmeric isn't readily available without the pepper![/

All spices work well to maintain our general well-being. Yes, cinnamon works too. Now at night, at times, I would add 1/2 of teaspoonful of tumeric powder to a tablespoonful of fenugreek and mixed them up with boiling water instead of usual mixed drink. It works too as well. No harm taking more spices but in moderation.

Last edited by a moderator: