Mannanon

Lol777

Hi
Has anyone tried Mannanon powder from Revital and does it help lower blood sugar levels?
I'm a type 2, diagnosed 6 weeks ago and am trawling through articles about supplements (and buying most of them!)

Oh, and does coffee really help too? (Decaff or jast regular?)

Cheers

Laurie

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Lol,
Sorry, can't help you on the mannanon. I tried googling it but came up with nothing, and a search on the Revital site came up with no matches. Are you sure that is how it is spelled?

There are conflicting views about coffee and diabetes. Headlines in 2006 said "Coffee may protect against diabetes". More headlines in 2008 said "Coffee may make diabetes worse"

I think the vital clue in both articles is the word "may". What that means is they haven't a clue! You could just as easily say "if I flap my arms up and down hard enough I MAY be able to fly".

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
In my readings on caffeine (I consider myself a partly reformed addict) the general consensus of opinion seems to be that a good cup of strong coffee will cause your blood glucose readings to (and I quote) "swing wildly" ... being as prior to diagnosis (2 months and counting now) I was drinking a good 4 cans of sugarfree red bull every day plus 2-6 coffees, I would not be surprised if my overabuse of caffeine helped me on my way to diabetes.

I now use decaffeinated coffe (except for a Friday when I have one big strong java-lava caffeine-explosion) and throw cream in it to make it taste nice :)

You win some, you lose some ;)

Jem xox