Masterchef, fine dining and low carbs??

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love watching masterchef and it seems to me fine dining looks like a relatively good low carb diet. Ok have to avoid the poncy jellied fruity bits but apart from maybe a sweetish jus they don't tend to overload the plates with heavy carbs.
I am currently explaining to my OH that he needs to start taking me to Michelin star restaurants as it'll be good for my health ;-)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 19 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite right .. All the Michelin star chefs are a thin as a pin ... Whereas the healthy eating ones with lots of carbs and no stars are on the chunky side of things .. I rest my case :confused:

Reactions: 6 people

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought the 5 star restaurants mostly serve low carb, low protein and low fat food I.e. An empty plate with a bit of garnish.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I thought the 5 star restaurants mostly serve low carb, low protein and low fat food I.e. An empty plate with a bit of garnish.

I've never been in one, so when I do .....................:D

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It looks sooo good on tv. A big chunk of good quality meat and some nice veg.
If only I had the money......
And think what the cheese board would look like!!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It looks sooo good on tv. A big chunk of good quality meat and some nice veg.
If only I had the money......
And think what the cheese board would look like!!!!

Cheese.:hungry: where's my coat, and the money and someone to go with, who has lots of money.............:p

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
[QU OTE="Robinredbreast, post: 709651, member: 44643"]Cheese.:hungry: where's my coat, and the money and someone to go with, who has lots of money.............:p[/QUOTE]
I'll get a lottery ticket on the weekend and when I win we can go together RRB :)

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I love watching masterchef and it seems to me fine dining looks like a relatively good low carb diet. Ok have to avoid the poncy jellied fruity bits but apart from maybe a sweetish jus they don't tend to overload the plates with heavy carbs.
I am currently explaining to my OH that he needs to start taking me to Michelin star restaurants as it'll be good for my health ;-)

Any links to the recipes?

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
OMGosh .. Now the wife loves masterchef.. And wAs just blown away by the cooking this time .. She is converting idears from it to vegetarian ingredences ... Looking forward to dinners next week .. She has to think about what she is going to cook about a week in advance .. Sometimes longer ..
Hope you all enjoyed the program.. Being veggies it's a bit hard to watch sometimes.. But tonight's was amazing

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

You wish Andrea, you'd need a second mortgage to eat in them restaurants:D

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
And we'll all die of starvation waiting for a table as most of them have lengthy wait lists. Must be a lot of thin low carbing lottery winners about!! Food tonight was absolutely mind blowing though, as was the location. Three great chefs in the final. OP is spot on - no carb overloading with this lot cooking.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Quite right .. All the Michelin star chefs are a thin as a pin ... Whereas the healthy eating ones with lots of carbs and no stars are on the chunky side of things .. I rest my case :confused:
Never trust a skinny cook. My dad used to say..
lol-052.gif

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
And we'll all die of starvation waiting for a table as most of them have lengthy wait lists. Must be a lot of thin low carbing lottery winners about!! Food tonight was absolutely mind blowing though, as was the location. Three great chefs in the final. OP is spot on - no carb overloading with this lot cooking.

The mind boggles why the waiting lists are long given the prices they charge, there must be more money around than we think.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Think there is - with a small minority of the population.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
[QU OTE="Robinredbreast, post: 709651, member: 44643"]Cheese.:hungry: where's my coat, and the money and someone to go with, who has lots of money.............:p
I'll get a lottery ticket on the weekend and when I win we can go together RRB :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/QUOTE]

Yay, :D :D :D

RRB :)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If I win the lottery I will take you both ..

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I can't stick Masterchef , I find all too gastronomic and boring. I do not like some pretentious **** cooking some yet to be endangered species and that Lloyd Grossman put me off from the start. Sorry to rock the boat lol