Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Wow! Hope it was a mishap and nothing sinister.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It makes you wonder....

Aye, but it usually doesn't take very long for Fire Investigators to find the seat of a blaze which sometimes is a dead give away. No one was injured, which is the main thing but I hope Dr. Berry had all his data backed up.
What a mess.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Aye, but it usually doesn't take very long for Fire Investigators to find the seat of a blaze which sometimes is a dead give away. No one was injured, which is the main thing but I hope Dr. Berry had all his data backed up.
What a mess.

We'll just have to wait for the investigation to release the findings I guess. It's a terrible loss, good guy, a lot of people will feel the loss untill he gets it all back up and running again, but he will. I hope he hasn't lost a lot data also.

Reactions: Guzzler
M

Member496333

That was the ‘Lies My Doctor Told Me’ podcast. Perhaps very controversial. Obviously it’s important not to jump to any conclusions of course.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh wow. So sad. I would be very surprised if this was anything other than an unfortunate accident. Thank you for posting this Tophat1900. I hope Dr. Berry is able to re-set up his practice quickly. I don't think anything controversial was said during Ivor Cummins interview with Dr. Berry. Doctors in the US are frustrated. Have been for decades. Dr. Berry isn't alone. I'm confident the medical community and his patients will rally behind him. There's a lot of good doctors here.

M

Member496333

I don't think anything controversial was said during Ivor Cummins interview with Dr. Berry.

Well of course that very much depends on your personal perspective and the perspective of who is listening. But I agree it’s important not to take a default view of foul play. Most likely just a very unfortunate incident :(

M

Member496333

Anyone know if there’s been any further chatter about this? I happened to catch Dr. Berry in a few more podcasts. Outspoken is probably the best description of his style of speaking.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Anyone know if there’s been any further chatter about this? I happened to catch Dr. Berry in a few more podcasts. Outspoken is probably the best description of his style of speaking.

I haven't heard anything yet.

Outspoken is correct, but it's accurate....

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
He has a facebook page.... so he will post something when he knows. Only been a week, he's hoping to find out something in the next few weeks according to the post he made yesterday.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Tophat1900. I'll watch for updates here too. :)

Jim Lahey, having grown up in the southern part of the US, he comes across as "righteous" to me, which is a positive trait. That said, my hope is that with time and experience, he will stay on message, but soften the intensity of his tone. While I had a hard time listening to Ivor Cummins entire interview with him, I persevered and was in complete agreement with everything he said. We need more doctors like him. :)

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very sad. I read the brief article and the comment section. One person commented "They were not living in the house. They moved to Nashville to be closer to the birthing center where they will be having the baby. Prayers being sent."

Two different people commented that the clinic fire was caused by a lightening strike, which is possible. Thunderstorms in the southeastern US can be very intense.

Additionally, Dr. Berry has chosen to close his clinical practice. Patients were instructed to contact their office to pick up their medical records or have them transferred.

On August 5th, Dr. Berry posted on The Berry Clinic facebook page...

To our beloved patients,

After much thought and prayer, we have decided not to rebuild our clinic in Benton County. It has been our great honor to take care of you over the past 18 years.

Over the last 5 months we have been able to reassess our mission and have come to the conclusion that our calling has always been to bring health and wellness to as many people as possible. The clinic was the first step in that journey.

We are thankful to be in a position to help even more people around the world through writing, lecturing and connecting on social media. We will be expanding our online presence, our speaking schedule, and have 2 more books nearing completion. We hope you will wish us well in these new endeavors.

To those of you who have supported us in these past 5 months, we cannot thank you enough. You have made this difficult and emotional transformation much easier with all your love, and letters of well wishes.

This was not an easy decision, and we do not take this change lightly. To those of you needing your records transferred, you may call the clinic at xxx-xxx-xxxx Monday-Friday. We will do our best to make this as easy as possible for all of you.

Thank you, and here’s to your health.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tophat1900