Meal Replacement drinks

ShealsMc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does any one follow the 8 week meal replacement meals as per Roy Taylor Newcastle University, if so how do you manage also does any one know if the meals are ok to take if you have Iron Deficiency Anaemia.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does any one follow the 8 week meal replacement meals as per Roy Taylor Newcastle University, if so how do you manage also does any one know if the meals are ok to take if you have Iron Deficiency Anaemia.
Hi there. In terms of the meal replacement system there are several pretty old threads on the forum. You would find them by searching for "Newcastle Diet". There is a subsequent labelling, with the input of Michael Mosely, which is called the 1-2-3 Diet Plan, which I believe also talks about moving on past the shakes element, because in reality the shakes are just the start.

I'm sure others will comment later. Good luck!

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Just to add to it @ShealsMc - the Newcastle Diet is a Very Low Calorie Diet - and I would not do it unmonitored by medical professionals unless you are an old hand at such diets. Especially if you have a nutritional deficiency, as you do. A good medical centre or diabetes speciality department should encourage you to do this and monitor and support you if you want to give it a shot, as it generally well accepted by the medical community these days.

There are indeed many discussions about the Newcastle Diet in this Forum, and a section on low-calorie diets generally. You will find LOTS of info from the many people who have gone that route, and lots of links online, and books in the libary to help and support you.