Medication issues and pregnancy

donnamaguire

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, this may be covered in another topic, if so apologies for creating a new one here.

I was diagnosed in Febraury 2011 and currently take 1 x 4mg of Perindopril, 2 x 500 mg of Metformin and 1 x 10 mg Atorvastatin each day. I was not told about any possible complications for a possible pregnancy. I am 30 now and have been married 3 years and would like to do this when money is a bit better, I am overweight and know I need to lose weight too to help with this.

I attended the Desmond course in February 2011 and was taken to one side and told that if I was to get pregnant with the tablets I am on, the child would be likely to have a deformity - not what I was expecting and really not the best way to be told - but led me to think at least they told me even if my GP hadn't.

I was told that i would likely have to change to insulin straight away and see the midwife every fortnight to check things were ok and then have a c-section about 4 weeks to go to check there were no other issues - is this correct? I hadn't really thought to question it until reading some of the posts on here and wonder if it was a bit heavy handed with the scare tactics

What are other peoples findings on this and have they been told pretty much the same thing?