Medichecks insulin tests

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just got this email this morning for a kit I recently bought but haven’t used yet. So unless you’re in London no more insulin resistance tests via this company. I’m hoping for/expecting a refund when they do get in touch.

We’ve noticed that you have recently purchased a test that contains insulin. Unfortunately we are no longer offering insulin tests on samples sent in the post. This is because we have identified that test accuracy can be affected if the sample is exposed to temperatures greater than 20 degrees centigrade.

We will continue to provide insulin tests to customers who are able to visit our London laboratory as the sample can be stored in the right conditions, ready for testing.

A member of our team will be in contact with you within the next 14 days to discuss the next steps regarding your test.​

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just got this email this morning for a kit I recently bought but haven’t used yet. So unless you’re in London no more insulin resistance tests via this company. I’m hoping for/expecting a refund when they do get in touch.

We’ve noticed that you have recently purchased a test that contains insulin. Unfortunately we are no longer offering insulin tests on samples sent in the post. This is because we have identified that test accuracy can be affected if the sample is exposed to temperatures greater than 20 degrees centigrade.

We will continue to provide insulin tests to customers who are able to visit our London laboratory as the sample can be stored in the right conditions, ready for testing.

A member of our team will be in contact with you within the next 14 days to discuss the next steps regarding your test.​

I've just had the promisary call rom Medichecks, having received the email this morning.

I was asked if I could attend their central London clinic, which being in Middle Elng;and, does really suit. On that basis, the cost of the test has been refunded to me already.

I asked if there were plans to reintrroduce the postal service once the weather cools. Current messaging is they will not.

Obviously they will have zero wish to taint a decent reputation, or misguide/measure their customers, so I understand their stance. The other tsts I ordered at the same time, remain valid.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just got an identical call and explanation that central London lab was the only option. Refund being processed now.

Very annoying as the only reason I hadn’t done it yet was due to slow postage missing my blood appointment last month. I was due another test this morning where I was going to get it done but it got cancelled last minute. Fate is not on my side to get a baseline IR reading.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just got an identical call and explanation that central London lab was the only option. Refund being processed now.

Very annoying as the only reason I hadn’t done it yet was due to slow postage missing my blood appointment last month. I was due another test this morning where I was going to get it done but it got cancelled last minute. Fate is not on my side to get a baseline IR reading.

I bought a comprehensive thyroid panel, plus the fasting insulin test when there was a 25% off "sale" a while ago. I knew I wouldn't be using them immediately, as at that point I'd just had some bloods done, but it was a good discount. I'd also had a fasting insulin test done in Asia, where much testing tends to be very cheap.

I can't recall how much I paid when I bought it, but I think I might have had more back than I actually paid (due to the discount at the time), but as the test has gone from my history, I can't confirm that.

I recently did some bloods with MonitorMyHealth, in Exeter, but they don't appear to do insulin testing.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They managed to get my first time user discounts I had used on the IR test taken into account ok when they refunded.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can’t actually find an insulin test online anywhere now. Anyone found one?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can’t actually find an insulin test online anywhere now. Anyone found one?

Do Blue Horizon not do one?

You could also try calling your local private hospital. The (not so very) local Spire hospital near here is a blood draw agent for Medichecks and Blue Horizon (and plenty others too, no doubt), so they might either know, or even do one themselves.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A post has been deleted as it was not relevant to the OP and disrespectful to those choosing a different way to manage their health

Reactions: Brunneria

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blue horizon don’t seem to. It’s all about you have a lancet type self collected (as opposed to venous) insulin test at £30. It no fasting glucose to go with it to get IR. I guess you could use your meter at the same time as collecting sample and use that.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blue horizon don’t seem to. It’s all about you have a lancet type self collected (as opposed to venous) insulin test at £30. It no fasting glucose to go with it to get IR. I guess you could use your meter at the same time as collecting sample and use that.

I learned of this organisation's blood drawing service some months ago, but only really paid it proper attention today, as I wanted to firm up their processes for a set of venous blood Medichecks tests.

https://www.bookabloodtest.com/test...U63qYvMSf4MaGH691XqtA382EO8_ZMOBco_PdK2O2lp2M

I not they do do a fasting insulin test, as part of their Diabetes Panel. I don't know if the Diabetes Panel includes the A1c.

The standard blood draw, in your own home, from this firm is £15, forindependent tests, like Medichacks, or indeed the NHS. They will quite happily draw bloods for NHS tests, and for those ensure the vials are delivered to the NHS blood collection points in good time. For appointments before 08:30, there is an additional £5 levied.

The site suggests they cover much of the Midlands, which may, or may not be helpful to you, but businesses often know of firms like themselves, if you wondered about in your locale.

Just a thought.