Medicine and diabetes

Miniman76

Hello all.

Hope everyone is doing well during these unusual and trying times.

My question is about studying medicine which I hope to be doing in the next few years, I have however noticed that there aren't all that many t1ds in medicine (that I can find) (Australia). I was wondering if there was a reason relating to diabetes (such as hospital rules concerning hypos) for this or if it was just a coincidence.

Thanks

Reactions: Antje77

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Hope everyone is doing well during these unusual and trying times.

My question is about studying medicine which I hope to be doing in the next few years, I have however noticed that there aren't all that many t1ds in medicine (that I can find) (Australia). I was wondering if there was a reason relating to diabetes (such as hospital rules concerning hypos) for this or if it was just a coincidence.

Thanks

I have absolutely no idea about Australia, but it isn't necessarily a barrier here in UK. Dr Ian Lake's precis story is here, and he is by no means alone: https://www.openfuture.biz/expertise/IanLake.html

Our friend, @LooperCat , which not a Doctor has recent experience of successfully going through the Uni application process to become a paramedic. She had been living with T1 for quite a few years prior to taking this particular step.

I hope she might comment for you.

Reactions: Miniman76