Medtronic 640G or Accu Chek Insight ?

Sam4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello

Time has come for a new pump.
I have been told to look at the insight and Medtronic 640G

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience of both of these and which you might prefer / benefits?

They also mentioned about the omnipod and cellnovo.

Thanks

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am in the process of trying to move to the 640 from the omnipod. I'm only moving to the 640 because of the predictive low suspend with enlite sensors. If I didn't need the sensors and low suspend feature there is no way I would move from omnipod to a tubed pump. The omnipod feels much easier, much more comfortable, accessible and usable.

Reactions: Sam4

Julian_Hands

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I was torn between the 640g and the Insight but when I started researching into the cost for self funding CGM, the sensors were not practical for my lifestyle so went for the insight. With the handset the Insight gives greater freedom to wear the pump in any location and control the Basal and Bolus via the handset. Also the Insight pump is allot smaller.
I'm new to pumping but really cannot fault the Insight.
So long as you only use 50 or less Total Daily units of insulin is the Insight a real option, as currently you can only get 160mmol prefilled cartridges. One cartridge lasts me exactly 3 days which allows me to make the infusion and cartridge change in one sitting.

Reactions: Sam4 and Medusa41