Type 1 Medtronic 640g

markastin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ppl. Any users of the 640g by Medtronic on here? I am going on one and would love to hear some experiences from ppl using this specific pump. Initially I will be using only the pump and not the sensors. Tia

izzyj09

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey I was on the animas vibe and swapped to the Medtronic 640 at Christmas ! I love my Medtronic it's so easy to bolous on and I love the fact that I can increase my carb ratios by 0.1 if your under 10 for them ! The only bad thing I find is the battery only lasts about 2/3 weeks but apart from that I just love it ! I didn't realise how much I didn't enjoy the vibe until I swapped pumps

Reactions: markastin

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @markastin im currently using a 640. I can't say I have any especially insightful experiences of it. It works fine, the menus are fairly navigable.

If you are planning on starting with the sensors do be aware that Medtronic are experiencing severe supply issues with the sensors currently which may well delay any start with sensors for new customers.

What I would advise for starting on a pump and getting the knowledge of how to get the best out of your pump, and make the start up process a bit easier, is to get hold of a copy of John Walsh pumping insulin. It like a text book on how to use an insulin pump and well worth having a read of before you start pumping.

markastin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for these replies very helpful. I am starting the pump just because of overnight control and maybe dawn phenomena during the day my control is fine.