Type 1 Medtronic cgm sensors

Neil Cookson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All.

Is anybody having problems with Medtronic ordering mio sets and cgm sensors?
Apparently they are out of stock with no date available for when they will be back in stock?
I can't believe they are out of stock stating "due to high demand"
Do they not know how many diabetics they have on their books and how can the NHS let a supplier perform like this?
Never heard anything like this before.

Last edited:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Medtronic has had a sensor production problem for some time now and new users are apparently at the end of the queue. I haven't yet heard of a delivery problem with the Mio.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They have a problem keeping up with demand for the enlite sensors. If you are already a customer for the enlites then you can still order sensors. They are not accepting new customers for sensors currently. If your sensors are NHS funded I think that gets you bumped up the queue. The advice is to put in an order for sensors at least two weeks in advance, I would suggest adding a bit on to that, then call them again when you are down to last 2 sensors. They are getting sensor out, but slowly and you do need to get you order in in good time and keep in touch with them to find out what's going on with it, and let them know the urgency.