Medtronic Guardian.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know how much the Medtronic Guardian CGM is? I've got a Freestyle Libre now which I must say I'm pretty impressed with. Just wish the sensors were cheaper.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that I'll give them a call on Monday. I'm sure you're right and it will be more expensive than the Libre. I really like the Libre system anyhow but just wish the Libre would allow me to use the bolus advisor from scanned BG's.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that I'll give them a call on Monday. I'm sure you're right and it will be more expensive than the Libre. I really like the Libre system anyhow but just wish the Libre would allow me to use the bolus advisor from scanned BG's.
I think to run the enlite sensors permanently would cost you somewhere in the region of £200 pcm. There is also the transmitter to pay for as well. Sensors can be extended past their 6 day life or however long they last, but accuracy/reliability can become an issue.

I don't think there is an ability to use a bolus dose calculator from any CGM or Flash GM system currently on the market. The reasoning behind this is purely a "cover your ar*e" exercise by the manufacturers, as they discourage us to bolus from CGM OR FGM data.

Although I happily bolus from my Libre when using it, it's advised to only bolus from a finger stick test...

Edited by a mod to avoid acronym

Last edited by a moderator: