Medtronic Paradigm vs 640G

Buchhete

Hi all!
I'm new to this forum but been reading it from time to time ;-)

My Paradigm Veo pump will soon be out of warranty and I was offered an option to upgrade to 640G but I think alternatively I can maybe get a new Veo as a replacement.

I have been using Paradigm pumps for 8 years.

I will probably not be using the Enlite sensor. I have the Libre (it does not connect to 640G).

I was reading about 640G and I think it is nice but still would like to ask if anyone has used both 640G and Veo or other Paradigm and preferes one or the other?

One concern I have is - is it easier to accidentally unblock the keyboard in 640G than in the old Paradigm? I wear my Paradigm clipped on a belt during the day or clipped on a side of panties during sleep :)

Do you use Block Mode?

When Block Mode is activated, can you turn on Easy Bolus in Insulin Settings? (I hope not and probably this is the case but just wanted to make sure).

I've read that 640G is waterproof when not cracked. Do you trust it to use it while in a shower? Or even while swimming?

I know it always comes down to a personal preference but it still would be good to read an opinion of somebody who has been using both models of pump or even just the 640G...

Reactions: porl69

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using the 640g from about 9 months. It's my first pump so have to compare with but I love it.
It would be difficult to accidentally operate the pump as you have a little game of press the correct key as indicated to the screen to unlock the pump.
Block mode is used when the patient doesn't have the mental capacity (for example) to use the pump so a carer would operate it.
Mine has been bashing around in my pocket, enduring sailing, camping, working under cars, building works etc etc and shows no sign of damage other than a few light scratches.