1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Medtronic Pump - Resevoir Recall in Uk

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Ladybirdy75, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Ladybirdy75

Ladybirdy75 · Well-Known Member

Has anyone else in the UK had a letter recalling the resevoir (code MMT-332A) and a "field notice" about possible insulin leakage blocking the vents on the connector point on the infusion tubing (the bit you connect to resevoir) and information on keeping it dry.........along with a pack of what i hope is correctly functioning resevoirs and a notice to go on an alternative injection plan until you've spoken to Medtronic????? I have, though so far i haven't had any problems :-S

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. BeccaaClayton

BeccaaClayton · Newbie

I've had the exact same thing, although I had 3 packs of the recalled packs. One of the packs contained 3 malfunctioning reservoirs which leaked insulin when connected to the vials.

3. Ladybirdy75

Yikes! I can't say any of the resevoirs have leaked in my batch but i've used the pack they sent with the letter this morning. Just me and you then lol.

4. pav

pav Type 2 · Well-Known Member

There are some others on another diabetes forum who have mentioned the letters and recall, not seen any report they have found their reservoir leaked.

5. Ladybirdy75

Oh, i did have a look to see if anyone else had posted up about it but couldn't see anything. Probably looked in wrong place ;-)

6. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

There's this thread here with an online checker to see if your reservoirs are affected.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44154&p=400371&hilit=medtronic+recall#p400371

I hadn't heard anything about it . It maybe that none of the faulty reservoirs were sent to France or that the company who deals with my supplies was notified and did there own checking.
    I did put in the batch numbers of all my reservoirs and found that the they were all OK.

7. Pepsi Max

Pepsi Max · Well-Known Member

I checked my supply code on the link provided & my batch weren't affected! Phew!

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

8. MadelinesMum

MadelinesMum · Newbie

Hi, I didn't receive a letter but I saw the Diabetes UK post on Facebook, checked my 8 yr old's reservoirs and had 3 affected boxes. Luckily I had not used any.

9. Ladybirdy75

10. Ladybirdy75

Yup........all mine from the affected lots :-/. Good job medtronic sent me one spare pack with the recall notice.

11. sharonValerie

sharonValerie · Active Member

I checked my reservoirs and so far all are good. It was good to get the info though before any problems. Very happy with Medtronic :)

12. Cody

Cody · Active Member

Well it explains my fucking erratic sugars which has sent my mind boggling.professionals eh. Fucking armatures not happy but what can a do? Nothing it's all on the NHS

13. Cody

Cody · Active Member

Sorry for the language but I was ****** off

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook