Medtronic upgrade/order issues??

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all, haven’t posted on here in years! Anyway, I am currently on the 670g have been for just over 3 years now. I have just found out that I’m pregnant and at my consultant appointment on 22nd May, my consultant told the DSN in the room with us to push me to the top of the list due to pregnancy and to contact a rep to get me the 780g (I had been contacted about a month previously asking if I wanted to upgrade but at the time said that I wanted to look at other options - but consultant said the 780g would probably be my best bet). Anyhow, she wanted me on the pump by my first antenatal appointment with her on 14th, but i still haven’t got it…I chased last week and was told my consultant hadn’t done the forms and that she was doing it that day, and to contact them in a week to reassure me that it had been ordered. Text them today and they replied stating that they can’t order the 780g at the moment, didn’t state why, but instead have ordered me a new transmitter for my 670g. Anyone know of any issues in obtaining a 780g?? Going to ask when I see my consultant next week.

Reactions: Prancy

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haven’t heard of any issues but then again I don’t have to order a new 780g regularly. Medtronic do seem to suffer with stock issues pretty regularly, the amount of times the Guardian 4 sensors are out of stock is unreal at this point. The 780g has also just been approved in the USA so that is probably contributing to stock issues. Unfortunately it’s probably just something you’re going to have to wait out.

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all, haven’t posted on here in years! Anyway, I am currently on the 670g have been for just over 3 years now. I have just found out that I’m pregnant and at my consultant appointment on 22nd May, my consultant told the DSN in the room with us to push me to the top of the list due to pregnancy and to contact a rep to get me the 780g (I had been contacted about a month previously asking if I wanted to upgrade but at the time said that I wanted to look at other options - but consultant said the 780g would probably be my best bet). Anyhow, she wanted me on the pump by my first antenatal appointment with her on 14th, but i still haven’t got it…I chased last week and was told my consultant hadn’t done the forms and that she was doing it that day, and to contact them in a week to reassure me that it had been ordered. Text them today and they replied stating that they can’t order the 780g at the moment, didn’t state why, but instead have ordered me a new transmitter for my 670g. Anyone know of any issues in obtaining a 780g?? Going to ask when I see my consultant next week.
You are in the UK right? I’m contemplating updating to 780g and I’m in the US. Hmmm….in the US, they are only taking orders for the 780g, but it was my understanding that it was available in the UK for some time now. I’ve read about it on this site. I hope others will chime in.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Ohitsnicola1994 Maybe they can't get the funding because you haven't had your present pump for 4 years??
@Prancy you're right in saying the 780g has been available for some time in the uk. Not sure exactly how long.

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That’s a good point about the warranty. Even though my warranty has expired, they still need other reason to replace the pump. It’s not that easy, imo.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I didn't know that's how it worked in the US. In the UK my experience has been that they replaced it after 4 years automatically.