Medtronics Postage Abroad

nick-o

I'm using the 780g and for the first time in a few years I'm heading to Palma in June. I've heard rumors of patients supplying their hotel destination as the delivery address and ordering supplies on the Medtronics eShop before they go. It sounds the perfect idea, but I'd be a little nervous of doing it. Has anyone here actually tried it?

Last edited:

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @nick-o,
I use the Medtronic eshop to order my consumables and last time I changed my address with them (when I moved house) it took several days and I had to email them because it wasn't updating on my account :nailbiting:
My concerns would be whether they would ship to a different country and whether I would trust the hotel enough for my stuff to not go missing. Also, I order 3 months-worth at a time, do you not? I'm assuming you're not going on holiday for 3 months, but maybe you are.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would prefer to take my own stuff than risk Medtronic not delivering or it getting lost in the hotel
It is no hardship carrying it in hand luggage unless you are going for months, Some airlines will allow you to take a second piece of hand luggage for medical supplies if you arrange it in advance.