Medtrum A6 pump

RLMorgan

My Accu-Chek Combo is up for it's 4 year renewal and I was wondering which pump to go for next.
Does anyone out there know if the Medtrum A6 system has a BGM (manual not CGM) which has a bolus to pump system.
At the moment using my Accu-Chek Aviva Combo I take a BG test with a strip, tell the Aviva Combo what carbs I'm about to eat and it Bluetooths the amount to inject to my Accu-Chek Spirit Combo pump.
Can someone using the Medtrum A6 pump and BGM tell how they get their bolus amount to the pump.

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know the medtrum pump and their CGM can link up. I've used the CGM in the past but not the pump.

RLMorgan

Thank you Kim Possible and slip. I've managed to find an online manual for the Medtrum A6 and associated PDM. It looks as though I might stay with Accu-Chek as there seems to be a lot of agro just to fill the pump up and then put it on. With my Combo PDM, I just take a blood test with the PDM, enter the carbs I'm eating then it sends the bolus amount over via bluetooth. To fill I just take old vial out fill new one, put in and prime and off we go after putting new cannula on of course.

Kim Possible Am I looking to much into this or is it quite fiddley to get started and then to send bolus amounts over to pump.
Do you have to have a different blood glucose monitor or can you test on your PDM.

Thanks again
Rich

RLMorgan

Kim Possible Sorry, Hope I didn't annoy you. I'm just finding it quite hard to nail down some advise about the Medtrum.
It would be a shame to loose someone like yourself as it looks like you have been doing this for quite a while with good advise.

Thank you for your time
Richard