Medtrum Nano Patch Pump

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone can help with regards to their experiences of using the Medtrum Nano Patch pump yet? My daughter has tried the Omnipod but unfortunately she mounts an auto-immune reaction to the teflon cannula, so our DSN has suggested the Medtrum as an option, as it has a metal cannula instead, which should reduce the risk of allergic reaction.

We like the idea of using a mobile phone to control the pump, as this makes it more discreet (daughter is 12 and going through a very awkward stage), the pods hold the same amount of insulin as the Omnipod and you can set temporary basal rates (good for sport), which you aren't able to do with the Omnipod.

Is anyone able to share their experiences, both good and bad, of using this system, as we don't want to have another pump disaster if we can help it. I know this might be a shot in the dark, as the system is relatively new to the UK market, and Omnipod seem to have cornered the patch pump market over here, so there may be very few, if any, users, who are able to help. Anyway, here's hoping...

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me with this.
You can do temporary basal on omnipod. You don't say which omnipod she's using. The original which I believe is unavailable unless you've already been given it and its still in warranty. The dash which is operated by a phone like PDM as too is the omnipod 5 all have temporary basal. I use it often on the dash. I've heard of the pump you've mentioned but that's as far as it goes. You could look if you haven't already at their website and like omnipod they should offer a trial version so you can try it out before making a decision. Obviously you won't be able to use it as a pumpbut it'll give you and your daughter the idea of how it suits her.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have medtrum nano pump which I love as its tiny, but have not tried their cgm. Their system auto suspends for a low, but is not a hcl system, though I have been told its possible for anyone with technical capabilities (def not me).

For info it might be worth checking with your (son's) DSN as everyone under 18 (in England and Wales) is eligible to use a hybrid closed loop (hcl) system, which is just starting to be rolled out.

At some point I will be swapping my medtrum for omnipod 5, which will loop with dexcom g6.

hope all goes well x
I'm waiting for my train date to come round for omnipod5 I've just switched from libre 2 to Dexcom g6 which in my opinion is way better than libre although the they have another libre the hcl. I can't wait until I can finally use omnipod5. I've been waiting a very long time for a pump like this to become available.

parkwood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Would not recommend it, i use medtrum. But there are many faults with nanopump.
Take a look at ypsopump.com.
I started on the Nano March this year and am having endless problems with it, it seems to stop working meaning my sugars are running very high, been told to put a new pump on when this happens but it’s happened again today, am losing the will to live to be honest, I have been type 1 for over 62 years, I am 65 years old now and think I’ll revert back to pen.

• Hug
Reactions: ElenaP