Medtrum S6 CGM

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Around a year ago @tim2000s posted a thread about Medtrum which looked very interesting but then seemed to fade away with little news.

Last week I left a message on the Medtrum Facebook page & was surprised to discover that their S6 CGM is now available in the UK. I exchanged several emails & was quoted a price of £180 for 4 sensors and a transmitter.

Since Dexcom sensors last me up to 3 weeks this is more than I pay now, even allowing for the included transmitter - based on 7 days for the Medtrum sensor. Accuracy wise they state a MARD of 9%, similar to Dexcom I believe.

There is no receiver - you use an app, either IOS or Android (Medtrum EasyTouch available on Google Play) Readings come through every 2 minutes & are stored on the transmitter for later uploading if you lose connection.

I did ask Medtrum if it was possible to restart a sensor but had no reply. One restart would make the cost much more appealing, though whether the disposable transmitter would last long enough I don't know.

Has anyone here actually tried the system?

Last edited:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
No. They've never made it available and I'm surprised to hear they are now selling it. I'll get back in touch with them.

Fwiw, in the past they have verbally confirmed that the CGM sensors could be restarted. Just be aware there is no integration with wearenotwaiting.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Though I'd like to give it a try, I really would miss Nightscout & viewing readings on my Pebble.

bruce_no1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had the same email exchange as DunePlodder with Medtrum, they also say their online store will most likely be available in the next month. I don't know yet if the £180 includes or excludes VAT.

I've been told that the transmitter will last longer than a month and that the sensors don't end 7 days after starting, so there is potential for them to last a lot longer like the Dexcom sensors.

If maybe 14 days is achievable from a sensor and the transmitter lasts for the life span of the 4 sensors this will work out cheaper than the Freestyle Libre that I currently use and have the benefit of being a CGM rather than Flash.

I would like to give this system a go, so if the online store does become available I'll place an order once my Freestyle Libre stock has run out.

Last edited:

redditchdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi , I had a reply from them a few days ago and they said it will be on sale online this year.

bruce_no1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Medtrum's website now has a demo store in place, so hopefully won't be much longer to wait.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Bruce_no1, I was told back in June that I could have ordered one then:

"How are you doing?
Yes, I have the price for the S6 now. It’s 180 pounds for a box of 4 sensors and a transmitter. Hope this can help.
Let me know if you would like to order some."

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Bruce_no1, I was told back in June that I could have ordered one then:

"How are you doing?
Yes, I have the price for the S6 now. It’s 180 pounds for a box of 4 sensors and a transmitter. Hope this can help.
Let me know if you would like to order some."
Interesting. Similar price to Libre but half the life

Quotes 9% mard. I'd like to think so, Libre not looking that good at the moment for me.