1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

London & South East Meeting

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by ppcascos, Aug 22, 2019.

1. ppcascos

ppcascos · Newbie

Hi guys,
    I joined this group a few days ago and I read your posts almost everyday.
    It's good to be informed and learn from different experiences.
    I was wondering if ...
    Are there any general meetings organised ?
    Do you meet locally ?
    It would be nice to meet in person and share our experiences. I think that proximity will give to the ones that we are still struggling with the learning , a bit of hope, warmth , support ....
    I'm a T1D and I live in Maidenhead and I don't mind traveling a reasonable distance : Berkshire , London, surroundings.

What are your thoughts ?

2. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

Welcome to the forum @ppcascos
    I know there are plans for a meetup in Manchester. @himtoo organised the last one and I think he is planning the next.

I am not aware of any others around our ex-prime minister's home :)

Your "Scotland" tag confuses me a little.

• Like Like x 1
  3. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

hi there @ppcascos
    I know there is a type 1 diabetic meet up group in London -- they have a website and a facebook page
    type 1 diabetic meetups london

there is also a type 1 group that meet in brighton -- they advertise their meets via Instagram
    see organisingchaos ,ceri-annhackling for IG details

Diabetes UK have support meetings throughout the country but best to check to see if Berkshire has a Diabetes UK branch -- google search best bet

hope this helps

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook