Menopause & Blood sugars

womble

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, i have been T2 for 8 years now & pretty well controlled until the last year (after i had 3 operations for kidney stones). My blood sugars are spiking quite high despite me following a strict no carb diet & only thing thats changed is i think i might be menopausal (hot flushes etc). Does anyone have any advice/ experience of this??
Aswell as metformin my GP has recently put me on Dalaglifozin.
Thanks in advance x

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I'm afraid I'm not T2 and don't recall specific blood sugar problems during my menopause which wasn't bad at all.

I am T1, wasn't carb counting and was eating masses of veg/salad and taking black cohosh tablets (our GP recommended them to my sister when she didn't want HRT and was having problems with her menopause). They helped both of us but it's hard to quantify how much.

Are you the right age to be menopausal, and also showing signs in terms of scanty periods etc? If so, you could well be menopausal but your doctor could confirm for you, and maybe prescribe HRT (if desired) or something else? That might help with your sugar levels. If you don't want HRT there may be something else available now, new drugs come out all the time.

Last edited: