1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Mens Neuropathy Concerns

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by grs581, Jul 27, 2019.

1. grs581

grs581 Type 2 · Newbie

Warning first! I don't wish to upset anyone but my question relates to sexual health. So stop reading if easily upset.

For the last couple of years I've had a very unsatisfying sex life with my wife. Basically I believe I have penile neuropathy because although I get aroused as normal, i have very little sensation down there. Intercourse and other activities don't lead to a result.
    I have been advised by my gp that the mild arthritis I thought I had in my hands, was likely to be neuropathy. I never thought at the time that might be connected to my other problem.

Am I doomed to being unfulfilled forevermore or has anyone ever recovered any sensation?

2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Hello and welcome. May I ask how your blood glucose levels are looking and if you test them at home?

It would help us give better targeted advice if you could say which medications, if any, you take and what your diet in general looks like. The more info you feel comfortable with giving then the more help and support we can offer.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook