1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Mental test answers

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Randburg, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Randburg

Randburg Type 2 · Well-Known Member

2. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

D'oh...didn't get the last one!

3. RoDnEyBoY

RoDnEyBoY Type 1 · Well-Known Member

3/4,

well 2/3 is good enough for meatloaf .

RoDnEyBoY.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scandichic

Scandichic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Got 1&3 but not 2 and 4. So I would have been released into the community....
    Now there's a scary thought!!!!!

5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Question 1
    A list of the days of the week is not a sentence. :bored:
    So anyone who gets the 'correct' answer isn't actually answering the question.

This should read 'correct this equation with a single stroke of your pen/cil.'
    I was looking round for a cat to stroke. ;)

Seems ok to me :wideyed:

The answer given is not the best option.
    A better answer would be to use one of the existing borders of the box, then draw three more sides, and voila! A 4 sided rectangle created by drawing 3 lines.

I'm always puzzled by this kind of 'test'.
    The intention seems to be to prove how stupid the testee is, but the test very rarely stands up to any kind of critical thinking - which kind of proves that the test creator isn't nearly as clever as they think they are.

Of course, that makes me a hyper-critical pedant. :happy:

Incidentally, I only got 2 out of 4, so I am obviously a stupid, hyper-critical pendant, too. :woot:

6. julifriend

julifriend Type 2 · Well-Known Member

For question 2 I would have simply drawn a line through the equals sign, thus the equation would have read 5 + 5 + 5 does not equal 550.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Thundercat

Thundercat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Got 1 and 3 correct. For 4 I made the rectangle using the existing line and adding 3 sides. I have chosen to interpret this to mean I am not an immediate threat to myself or others :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

8. Ruth B

Ruth B Type 2 · Well-Known Member

1 wrong I would have put M T W T W T M. I couldn't see a sentence so I just went with a pattern.
    2 wrong but a right answer. As someone else said I put a line through the = sign to make does not equal.
    3 correct
    4 wrong, I used one of the lines from the original box and just added 3 extra lines to form a rectangle.

Looks like there would be no escape for me.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook