Merry Christmas everyone!

Rocinante

Well I'm not going to lie. I've broken all the rules! Had loads of carbs... And sugar and bad stuff. But it's for a couple of weeks and I'll be back on keto in January, and have also started doing a 12 week cycle training program on Zwift.

Reactions: DanW13

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm not going to lie. I've broken all the rules! Had loads of carbs... And sugar and bad stuff. But it's for a couple of weeks and I'll be back on keto in January, and have also started doing a 12 week cycle training program on Zwift.
After the last year and the stress of that I'm much the same. Making sure it's a temporary thing will be the challenge though but I've been increasing my exercise to try and combat any major impact

I have ifit with the exercise bike, have found it has helped so hope your regime goes well!

Reactions: Rocinante

Carpetsalesman

I’ve eaten like a pig today. Totally off the rails. I felt off from about 2pm onward and I’m just starting to feel normal again now at 11pm and back below 6.0.

This is good. I genuinely would rather not eat carbs than feel like the bloated yucky mess I did today.

It all starts again tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

DanW13

Merry Xmas all!

Managed to maintain a bit of self discipline though did have some profiteroles (with Belgian chocolate on top) for dessert, only x2 though with lots of cream. Interestingly didn’t spike me much, whole meal only took me to 7.8 though I did have a glass of red with meal which tends to put a lid on any increases.

Rocinante

Interesting that alcohol keeps a lid on BS levels!

I did have some keto cake with some decidedly non-Keto custard and that took my BS quite high - about 8-8.5 and was elevated for about 4 hours. Not good.

Definitely prediabetic.

DanW13

Interesting that alcohol keeps a lid on BS levels!

I did have some keto cake with some decidedly non-Keto custard and that took my BS quite high - about 8-8.5 and was elevated for about 4 hours. Not good.

Definitely prediabetic.

Short term, yes it definitely lowers my blood sugar, my average for a 24 hour period would be up to 10% lower if I have a large glass of red that evening, however...... I have noticed that for the last 2 days when I haven’t drunk any wine, my BS levels have been higher & taken longer to reduce. So on my latest Libre I was running at 5.3 on the days I drank, but I’m up to 5.9 the last 2 days. No change in diet (lower carb if anything) or exercise regime. So it appears insulin resistance may increase subsequently or maybe the liver just dumps more glucagon?

So short term gain but medium term pain??