Merry Christmas!

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Morning all, I haven’t posted for a while but I’ve recently found out that the daughter of an old friend of mine has been diagnosed with type 1 - and that reminded me of this forum and how helpful it can be for old and new serving T1D’s alike! I have recommended you all as being helpful and informative so I hope the family join soon - Merry Christmas one and all! I’ve finished work now for the festive season and I’m looking forward to all the preparation and last minute shopping (sort of!) - and of course, the challenge that is managing my blood glucose on Xmas day! whatever you do, enjoy yourself and remember, it’s just one day and if you have the option, extended bolus is your friend xx

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My Week before Christmas started 19 hrs ago as we are 7 hours ahead of the U.K. as a type 2 Diabetic I start my preparation foy XMAS DAY BY Increasing my dose of Lantus from 12 to 14 units per Day. this is because during this week I Know I will be tempted by lots of xmas treats often in other people houses and I will be unable to avoid them. I will also test mmy B.S to. 3 or 4 times a day instead of my usual 2.
On the 25th I will up it again to 16 units in preparation for Xmas Lunch, which since my wife & I are in our both 77 I Have booked in a Hotel as if I did not We would spend half the day in the kitchen Well she would most of the time ) they will have Turkey and cranberry sauce Xmas pudding .etc. but as it is a a Buffet/Carvery it will also have Several type of seafood and shellfish and Thaifood and Chinesefood and Japanese food.....So I know this is bound to have something I shoud avoid but cant !!
Since I am in Bangkok where xmas is not The BIG CELEBREATION (NEW YEAR IS ) I shall continue these precautions till January 2nd at least tell my diet and readings go back to normal
It Is The Middle of Winter Here and the Temperature dropped to a seasonal low of 79 degrees Fahrenheit !!! yes 79 .
THAT LAST BIT WAS JUST TO MAKE ALL YOU BRITS JEALOUS LOL

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR to ALL DIABETICS EVERYHERE

Reactions: karen8967

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
On a more serious note the Thais when it gets to 70 F - 79 F put on jumpers /woollies socks etc to keep warm they do not understand me when I tell them that in the U.K. if temps go up to this range we start thinking os swimming and trips to the seaside taking clothes off rather than putting them on.
Now I spent 56yrs of my life in the U.K. but here in Thailand when temps go down from the 90 F range to the 70F range it feels like There should be ice on the pond and snow everywhere. If you came here on Holiday it would be warm but to me after 20 yrs here it seems I Have all the disadvantages of Icy Cold but none of the Benefits. (I do miss snow and frost and the sight of your breath on a winters morning)