Met a fellow sufferer today

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I was in Lush in Telford and I overhead a lady talking about collapsing with hypos and it happening all the time and how she has a rare disorder so I couldn't help myself but say 'me too'.

This lady,s consultant has told her there are only 27 RHers in the country and she has to travel from Shropshire to Ipswich to see him. She is very unstable and can't control her hypos so no more driving but they are telling her to cut out sugar and eat complex carbs. I tried to explain its no carbs but it's hard to when people are being given sick different advice by their doctors. I said how well I am now and mentioned my consultant in Bolton.

I also recommend the site. She was visibly taken aback to meet someone who understood what she was going through.

I truly hope she comes here and we find her. I didn't get her name sadly but let's look out for a newbie who was accosted by a strange woman in lush!!

Emma. Xx

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully that fact that you told her you were doing so well will bring her here out of curiosity.

Tragic that even consultants are handing out such b*llSh*t advice! 'Scuse my language, but it is awful to be told to eat in a way that is almost certainly not going to help. Poor woman to be that unstable.

Well done for speaking up!

(and how the heck does any consultant know how many RHers have been diagnosed across the country? That is absurd! Would make me sceptical of any other advice they gave out!!!)

OK. Rant over. lol. will go to bed and feel less annoyed in the morning. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Agreed I told her there were lots of us being diagnosed now and she should come here for support. Fingers crossed. Night xx

Reactions: 4 people